Franciscan Health’s year-long diabetes prevention program will begin on April 26, with a free informational session at 5PM on Tuesday, April 19, at the Hobart Hospice location, 101 W. 61st Ave.
This year-long program follows guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that are proven to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Groups meet for 16 weekly sessions and six follow-up sessions with a trained lifestyle coach.
The first session will be 5 to 6PM, Tuesday, April 26, at the Hobart Hospice location in the Franciscan ExpressCare building. Masks are required and social distancing measures will be observed.
Those qualifying for the program:
• Must be 18 years or older AND
• BMI greater than 25 AND
• Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes AND
• Diagnosed with prediabetes (fasting glucose of 100-125 mg/dl or A1c of 5.7—6.4 within the last 12 months) OR
• Had a previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes.
• Screening result of high risk for type 2 diabetes on the prediabetes risk assessment.
The cost of this spring’s Diabetes Prevention Program has been reduced to $99, a savings of $200. The class will be limited to the first 12 registrants. For additional information, or to register, call Amy Lambert at (219) 306-4745 or email Amy.Lambert@FranciscanAlliance.org.