Here’s a few updates regarding the City of La Porte’s snow emergency status:
- City offices will remain closed today.
- Gravity Diagnostic’s COVID-19 testing site at the La Porte Civic Auditorium will remain closed today.
- TransPorte will be open today from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for essential travel only (i.e. work, doctor appointments and pharmacy).
- Due to weather conditions, there will likely be no trash pickup by third-party vendor RTS for the remainder of this week. Residents should plan for their regular pickup day next week.
- The snow emergency order is still in effect. Parking will switch to odd-numbered sides of the streets this evening at 6 p.m. Parking along snow routes is still prohibited.
Any help you can provide in helping to spread the word is greatly appreciated. Thank you and stay safe!