There’s nothing quite like summers in Northwest Indiana. From the sweltering heat during the day to cooler temps at night-- the extreme weather is enough to make anyone break into a sweat. This summer, the expert team of technicians at Regional Plumbing, Heating & Air are here to help you beat the heat.
Ensuring your air conditioner is working is part of getting through those hot Indiana summers. Nothing’s worse than having your AC break on a hot day - not to mention the wait to get it repaired. Luckily, there are preventive measures, such as a routine maintenance check, to keep you cool this season.
Just like anything else, your air conditioner needs regular attention. Here are some reasons why it’s important to have regular maintenance performed:
- Prolongs the life of the cooling unit
- Saves money on energy costs
- Provides peace of mind
- Prevents future, costly repairs
- Improves the air quality
When you hire a professional for the maintenance, the technician should:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections
- Check oil levels and belts for tightness or wear
- Check accuracy of the thermostat
In the event your AC does go out, diagnosing the problem can be tricky so it’s best to leave that to the professionals. Possible causes for an AC breakdown include:
- Faulty wiring
- Low refrigerant
- Outside fan not working
- Outside AC unity isn’t operating
- Frozen coils
The high-skilled team of professionals at Regional Plumbing, Heating and Air are passionate about providing quality services that you can rely on. When you work with Regional, you can rest assured that your questions and concerns will be answered. Backed by more than one hundred years of collective experience, Regional Plumbing, Heating & Air provides the best installations, repairs, and maintenance. Need service? Call (219)-369-4461 to schedule your service today!