Department : SPI Radiology-Ortho
Location : Olympia Fields, Illinois
Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Shift : Day
Schedule : Regular Full time
Work From Home : No
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Campus20201 South Crawford Avenue Olympia Fields, Illinois 60461
WHO WE ARE
With 12 ministries and access points across Indiana and Illinois, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Franciscan Health takes pride in hiring coworkers that provide compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Operates radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes; positions x-ray equipment and adjusts controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Processes exposed radiographs or computer generated methods; reviews and evaluates developed x-rays or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Prepares patient for radiologic procedures, providing adequate patient instruction and explanation. Documents symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions.
- Prepares rooms, sterilizes instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Follows safe radiologic control practices, employing appropriate protective devices and garments.
- Gathers requirements from internal and external sources and provide information via phone, electronic messaging and in person.
- Assists with clerical tasks as needed including telephone, appointments, etc. Enters all care provided in electronic medical record.
- Assists with clinic operations and patient care functions including patients to treatment room, vital signs, patient weight, wound photography, finger stick blood testing, dressing application, calf measurements, assists RN with procedures as appropriate.
- Enters order, prepares clinic and treatment rooms for patient care, orders and maintains clinic supplies, prepares and transports instruments for processing, transports patient and supports as appropriate.
- Initiates and follows through on prior authorizations, referrals, and medication refills.
- Enters lab results and data into the electronic medical record system.
- Monitors inventory needs for required department equipment and supplies; places orders as required to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Greets and checks-in patients; verifies information and enter it into the system.
- Registers patients for services in Electronic Medical Record and collects all information required to validate identity and bill for services.
- Receives insurance co-pay payments and posts amounts paid to patient accounts as appropriate for setting.
- Compiles and records medical charts, reports, and correspondence. Receives Patients and Visitors to department. Answers telephone with proper telephone etiquette. Directs patients / visitors / providers and / or forwards communications in an effective and accurate manner.
- Handles telephone communication effectively, makes patient appointments, confirms and updates patient information in the electronic medical record, maintains department records and logs as requested, maintains adequate levels of supplies.
- Works with other department and providers to ensure referrals, insurance verification / authorization is obtained prior to patient appointment.
- Verifies insurance information and updates EMR as appropriate. Coordinates with verification / authorization team, providers and clinical team to validate appropriate referrals and authorizations are obtained prior to treatment.
- Simultaneously completes all tasks on 3 EMR systems-- Agility, EPIC Urgent Care, Epic Ambulatory
- Initiates new client protocols and works alongside account executives and billing to maintain accurate client process flows and billing procedures
- Executes client specific process flows and adheres to timelines for various follow-up processes.
- Maintains a client issues list for review and resolution with the appropriate departments.
- Maintains follow-up procedures and working relationships with area responsible for the information including the Medical Records Department, Patient Access, or physicians.
- Assists in Agility daily Recon reports.
- Collects and properly documents DOT and non-DOT Drug Screens Chain-of-Custody. Performs breath alcohol testing in accordance with policy and Federal Regulations. • Ensures the integrity of the drug screen collection bathroom.
- Proficient in utilizing third party occupational health platforms including Escreen and FormFox for scheduling and completing occupational health services.
- Enters DOT physicals into the National Registry. Enters charges and scans paperwork into electronic documentation system.
- Completes and appropriately documents audiometric testing on patients.
- Completes and appropriately documents Pulmonary Function Tests on patients
- Completes Respiratory fit testing on Filtering Respirators (ie. N95), Full Face Respirators, and Half Face Respirators via qualitative and quantitative testing methods. Educate patients on the use of PAPRs and CAPRs in the event that the patients fails respirator fit testing.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients by performing venipuncture or finger sticks. Collects urine specimens. Follows standard precautions at all times. Disposes of all sharp in appropriate sharp containers. Prioritizes Stat versus scheduled blood draws.
- Identifies correct patient by using two identifiers and compares to requisition.
- Identifies appropriate color top tube and the volume of blood needed for each test.
- Prepares and completes EKG testing and appropriately documents results for provider review.
- Complete DME application and Gait Training
- Applies splitting and casting methods to patients for various patient injuries.
- Assist procedure such as eye staining, suturing etc
- Ensures all non-disposable instruments requiring sterilization are clean and sterile.
- Counts and logs medications daily.
- Calibrates equipment daily and maintains proper equipment logs.
- Monitors temperature logs daily for variances.
- Performs Point of Care (POC) testing, interprets the results to guide care.
- Attends offsite wellness events; coordinates and brings all needed supplies; returns supplies and routes specimens to correct location after the event.
- Assesses and Triages walk in patients for sign of heart attack, stroke, active bleeding, etc.
- Provides direct patient care including conducting assessments, assisting with procedures, rooming patients, defining plans of care, and providing appropriate related treatment, rehabilitation, and reconditioning.
- Required Associate's Degree
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association
- Department of Transportation (DOT) - Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) within 90 days
- Radiography (ARRT-R) - .
- Radiology Technologist License (RADTECH) - .
TRAVEL IS REQUIRED:Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.