Nine Purdue University Northwest (PNW) faculty members were approved for promotions for the upcoming academic year today (April 8) by the Purdue University Board of Trustees. The promotions are effective Aug. 15.
“These exceptional faculty members have exhibited scholarly excellence, made significant achievements in their respective areas of study and shown quality engagement in the university and community,” said Kenneth C. Holford, provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs. “I congratulate these exemplary faculty members on this recognition and look forward to their future contributions for our university.”
Academic tenure is acquired on promotion to the rank of associate professor. Candidates promoted to this level have demonstrated a record of accomplishment as a faculty member and show promise of continued professional growth and recognition.
Faculty members promoted to the rank of professor have achieved a significant record in learning, discovery and engagement.
PNW faculty members promoted to the rank of professor:
- Catherine Gillotti, professor of Communication
- Nicky Ali Jackson, professor of Criminal Justice
- LaVada Taylor, professor of Education
- Xiuling Wang, professor of Mechanical Engineering
PNW faculty members promoted to the rank of associate professor:
- Khair Al Shamaileh, associate professor of Electrical Engineering
- James Dolen, associate professor of Physics
- Hubert Izienicki, associate professor of Sociology
- Alicia January, associate professor of Psychology
- Ceren Turedi, associate professor of Marketing
Purdue University Northwest
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. Located in Northwest Indiana, near Chicago, PNW values academic excellence, supports growth, and celebrates diversity. For more information about PNW, visit www.pnw.edu.