Oil is an essential lubricant in your car’s engine, letting metal press against metal without damage. Without it, constant metal-on-metal friction produces so much heat that the surfaces could weld together, causing the engine to seize.
Regular oil changes keep your engine in top condition. But what happens if you don’t change your oil?
First, dirt accumulates in the oil reservoir. The oil filter will eventually clog, causing dirty oil to bypass the filter through a relief valve. Since it’s abrasive and thick, dirty oil causes undo wear. Next, additives in the oil like anti-friction detergents wear out, so oil won’t lubricate like it should. Eventually, as the oil gets thicker and dirtier, it’ll stop lubricating and the engine will fail.
A motor replacement costs $4,000 to $10,000. By contrast, an oil change typically ranges from $20 to $100 dollars, depending on the type of oil your vehicle needs.
Levin Tire in Northwest Indiana knows how valuable preventative maintenance is for your car. One of the simplest, yet most important, forms of preventative maintenance is an oil change. We recommend having your oil changed every three months, which leads to longer engine life, better engine performance and enhanced fuel efficiency.
Our maintenance technicians specialize in lube, oil and filter services. When you visit Levin Tire for an oil change, you’ll get:
- Up to five quarts high quality semi- or full-synthetic oil from the top manufacturers.
- New, top-quality oil filter.
- Lubrication of chassis components according to your car manufacturer’s specifications.
- Customary 32-point maintenance inspection.
- Personal service advisor to answer all of your questions.
- We’ll also record your service date so we can send you a reminder and auto care and oil change coupons when you’re due for your next service.
Stop in to any Levin Tire location and get a high-quality oil change. Our prices are competitive, and our service is the best. There’s no appointment necessary!