Legacy Foundation launches COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund to support Gary and East Chicago based small businesses.
Legacy Foundation and Indiana Black Expo have partnered in response to the urgent need for assistance to sustain Gary and East Chicago small businesses with their immediate financial challenges as a result of a demonstrated economic injury due to COVID-19.
The COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund will prioritize providing assistance to small businesses through one-time grants ranging from $2,500-$5,000 per business. Priority will be given to minority and woman owned businesses.
• be an authorized representative of a for-profit privately held small business with principal place of business in the City of Gary or East Chicago.
• have between 1 - 25 employees.
• have experienced a revenue loss and business distress due to COVID-19.
• have 2019 gross revenue not exceeding $1,000,000.
• not affiliated with a chain or franchise.
Applications are due online by 5:00 pm CST on October 7, 2020. Application funding decisions will be announced by October 23, 2020. All questions regarding the grant should be directed to Donna Catalano by emailing email@example.com.
Initial funding is provided by Legacy Foundation, Indiana Black Expo, and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. We encourage additional gifts to this fund in order to provide further support for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, especially those run by women, people of color and immigrants.