Leaders from Legacy Foundation, Indiana Black Expo, City of Gary, City of East Chicago, and South Shore Neighborhood Development Corporation will gather Wednesday, September 16 for a press conference at the Gary/Chicago International Airport to launch the COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund. The partners will announce application guidelines, deadlines and how to submit.
There is an urgent need for assistance to sustain Gary and East Chicago small businesses with their immediate financial challenges as a result of a demonstrated economic injury due to COVID-19. With funding from Legacy Foundation, Indiana Black Expo, and the John S. & James L. Knight Foundation, the COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund will provide one-time grants ranging from $2,500-$5,000 per business. Priority will be given to minority and woman owned businesses.
Wednesday, September 16 at 2:30 pm CDT
Gary/Chicago International Airport, 6001 Airport Rd, Gary, IN 46406
- Carolyn Saxton, President, Legacy Foundation
- Mayor Jerome Prince, City of Gary
- Mayor Anthony Copeland, City of East Chicago
- Tanya McKinzie, President & CEO, Indiana Black Expo
- Chuck Hughes, Board of Directors, Indiana Black Expo
- Gisele Carter, Gary Representative, Indiana Black Expo