Coordinate public relations activities and social media content for Horizon Bank using various channels to promote the company brand, products, services, and community involvement.
Represent the Bank both internally and externally by posting content on the web site, social media and contribute to the company intranet. Place and report on social media advertising. Assist with advice and marketing strategies related to sponsorships and events throughout the company. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, and timeliness of marketing initiatives. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank’s commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
- Monitor and alert manager of online conversations about Horizon Bank on social media sites as assigned
- Coordinate and share timely, relevant articles, press releases on Horizon’s web site and social media sites
- Implement and monitor social media ad campaigns
- Assist with social media training across the company
- Report quarterly on Key Performance Indicators for various social media initiatives
- Coordinate and distribute news and content via editorial calendar.
- Actively seek newsworthy stories and assist with writing content
- Manage news on the web site to ensure information is up to date, external links are functioning and site is optimized to bring exposure to Horizon’s messages
- Assist with writing and managing news releases on behalf of the company
- Manage media contacts for distributing company news to media outlets
- Contribute and monitor internal communications on company intranet and provide counsel and training to co-workers to participate
- Provide recommendations on how to maximize internal and external communications to leverage multiple channels for cross-promotions
- Assist other employees and managers on how to best maximize exposure for planned in person and virtual events, seminars, major sponsorships and/or corporate events
- Coordinate community advertisements for various publications or sponsorship opportunities
- Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential
- Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Communications with 1-3 years’ of professional or related experience preferred.
- Strong written communication skills with demonstrated experience writing posts for social media platforms.
- Digitally savvy with passion for social media and experience with platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube preferred
- Interpersonal skills that reflect strong organization and execution abilities, consistent communications skills, ability to adhere and support the banks brand
- Creative thinker with attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Team player that also enjoys working independently to accomplish goals
- Strong MS Office skills required
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Hootsuite or similar platform experience a plus
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Attention to Detail
- Adaptability & Flexibility
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)