Franciscan Health Crown Point will host a series of after-school vaccine clinics next week for staff and students at Crown Point and Andrean high schools to receive a dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
“We’re excited to be able to provide this opportunity for students, school employees and their families to receive the vaccine, particularly since availability just opened up to those age 12 and up,” said Franciscan Health Crown Point Vice President of Administrative Services Jason Middleton. The FDA recently expanded use of the Pfizer vaccine to those ages 12 to 15.
Middleton noted that the hospital has seen an uptick of unvaccinated patients in their 30s and 40s hospitalized with COVID-19. Getting more of the local population vaccinated is the best way to reverse that trend.
All clinics will be at the Marian Education Center at Franciscan Health Crown Point, 1201 S. Main St. The vaccine is free, and no insurance information or payments will be requested. Teachers, staff, students and their family members are welcome to register for appointments.
Crown Point High School clinics will be 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18 and Wednesday, May 19. Andrean High School’s clinic will be 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 20. Last appointments are scheduled at 6:30 p.m. each day.
To sign up, go to vaccine.coronavirus.in.gov/en-US/ and follow these steps:
- Select the group you belong to.
- Enter the Crown Point zip code: 46307.
- Mark ‘No’ if you have not yet received your first COVID-19 shot.
- Select the FRANCISCAN HEALTH CROWN POINT PVAX location.
- Select the correct date for the special clinic for your school.
- Find the time that works best for you and select that time.
- Complete the scheduling and registration process.