The Crown Point Police Department will be accepting applications for police officers. The application opens on July 11, 2022, and closes at 3 p.m. CST July 29, 2022. Applications can be found on the City of Crown Point website at www.crownpoint.in.gov.
• Must be a graduate from an Indiana Law Enforcement Academy or have attended an out-of-state accredited academy and have completed certification through the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board.
• Must meet minimum standards of membership in the 1977 Police Officers Pension and Disability Fund.
• Starting pay of $59,033.52
• Eligible promotion 90 days after field training to $67,466.88
• 12-hour shifts (2-month rotation from days to nights)
• PERF retirement rate of $79,000
• Take home vehicle with off-duty driving privileges
• $1,300 annual clothing allowance
• Holiday pay — double time and a half
• Medical insurance/city-paid life insurance
• School Resource Officer (SRO) Program
• Motorcycle Division
• Bicycle Division
• SWAT (Northwest Regional SWAT)
• South County Crash and Reconstruction Team
• Drone Team
• Honor Guard (coming in 2023)
A current résumé should be attached to the application. Applicants should direct all questions to Assistant Chief Jim Janda at email@example.com.