Good news! The Board of School Trustees announced the Teacher of the Year and Employee of the Year winners at the May 22, 2017 Board Meeting.
There were numerous outstanding teachers and employees nominated for this prestigious award and the winners and finalists are a true representation of the dedicated staff we have here at Crown Point Community Schools. We are very proud and honored to recognize our three winners and 13 finalists.
Kathy Midkiff, Elementary Teacher of the Year Award Winner
Jerry Ross Elementary School
Jerome Flewelling, Secondary Teacher of the Year Award Winner
Crown Point High School
Shari Hodorowicz, Employee of the Year Award Winner
Dwight D. Eisenhower Elementary School
Teacher of the Year Finalist Award Winners
- Clint Swan, CPHS
- Vince Lewis, CPHS
- Jason McGee, CPHS
- Brian McClanahan, Taft Middle School
- Melanie Pociask, Lake Street Elementary
- Alycia Graczyk, Douglas MacArthur Elementary
- Kathleen Sletto, Solon Robinson Elementary
- Becky Decker, Timothy Ball Elementary
- Amanda Kosiba, Winfield Elementary
Employee of the Year Finalist Award Winners
- Darlene Derwinski, Timothy Ball Elementary
- Jenny Lee, Winfield Elementary
- Carol Lawson, Jerry Ross Elementary
- Kim Doolin, Col. John Wheeler Middle School
Each one of these exceptional people, winners and finalists alike, go “above and beyond” to help us remain Schools of Choice in a Community of Character. Our students are in great, loving hands.