Eight seniors and seven juniors, have been nominated as the 2016 Chesterton High School Football Homecoming royalty contestants.
The four students nominated for queen are seniors Alexa Devereaux, Jenna Tarnowski, Isabelle Wheeler and Aubrey Wing; and for princess are juniors Maggie Gardner, Katie Hull, Samantha Runions and Annie Spangler.
- Devereaux, daughter of Lori and Jay Devereaux of Chesterton, is a member of National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Government, Volleyball and Natural Helpers.
- Tarnowski, daughter of Mark and Leslie Tarnowski of Valparaiso, is active in Volleyball and Basketball, German Club, Interact Club, Natural Helpers, and is a volunteer at the local hospital.
- Wheeler, daughter of Mike and Amy Wheeler of Valparaiso, is active in Gymnastics.
- Wing, daughter of Ed and Natalie Wing of Valparaiso, is a member of Varsity Swimming and Diving, German Club, Interact Club National Honor Society and the Duneland Swim Club.
- Gardner, daughter of Jill and Rich Gardner of Chesterton, is active in Student Government, Spanish Club, Interact Club, Helping Hands, Jacob’s Ladder, Horticulture Club and Rebuilding Together.
- Hull, daughter of Eric and Melissa Hull of Chesterton, enjoys photography and piano.
- Runions, daughter of Danyel Dutcher and Ralph Runions, is active in Trojan Guard, Winter Guard, Spanish Club, Interact Club, Horticulture Club, Helping Hands and Students for Life Club.
- Spangler, daughter of Mitzi and Neil Burris of Chesterton, is active in Spanish Club, Horticulture Club, Natural Helpers, CORE (Leadership Development) and Mentoring.
The four students nominated for king are seniors Andrew Davison, Gary Kostbade, Derek O’Dell and Brandon Sufana; and three for prince are juniors Michael Kellstrom and Joshua Lewis and Paul Petro.
- Davison, son of Jennifer and Keith Davison of Chesterton, is senior class Senator for Student Council, Chesterton Wrestling Club and Captain. He also volunteers for Rebuilding Together.
- Kostbade, son of Gary and Chris Kostbade of Chesterton, is active in Varsity Swimming and Diving, German Club, Interact Club, Duneland Swim Club and National Honor Society.
- O’Dell, son of Mark and Laura O’Dell of Chesterton, is active in Varsity Soccer, Sandpipers, Peer Tutoring, Interact Club and Horticulture Club.
- Kellstrom, son of Kelly Leon and Mike Kellstrom of Chesterton, is active French club, Trojan Baseball, Mentoring and CORE (Leadership Development).
- Lewis, son of Evan and Katrina Lewis, is active in Intramural basketball and enjoys weightlifting, collecting coins and working as an elite pit crew worker for local races.
- Petro, son of Robert and Cris Petro, is active in Varsity Tennis, Debate, Spanish Club, Business Professional of America and Autism Spectrum Coalition.
- Sufana, son of Tammie and Rob Sufana of Chesterton, is active in Natural Helpers and WDSO and is a Cadet teacher and Peer Tutor. He enjoys intramural basketball and volleyball.
The CHS homecoming royalty will be chosen on Friday, Sept. 23 at halftime at the homecoming football game against Portage. The parade will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23 from the Chesterton Middle School Pool Parking Lot. The parade route will continue east on Porter Ave to Calumet, Calumet to Broadway, Broadway to 6th Street and back to CMS.