As an essential part of the healthcare continuum, we will continue to accept move-ins to serve the greater community.
Our NUMBER 1 PRIORITY is to take care of our residents and the frail seniors in the greater community and provide them with the assistance and support services they need, while also limiting their exposure to COVID-19. To do so, we have implemented the following:
- Any new move-in will need to be asymptomatic and follow the same isolation guidelines as all residents.
- Intentional infection prevention and control protocols. Enhanced staff training. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting at the community, especially of highly touched items and common areas.
- Doors have been secured 24/7.
- Limitation on visitors to the community. Residents are to remain in their apartments.
- Aid in communication with family members through cell phone and computer apps, like FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom and through other creative means.
- Outings and programs involving outside vendors have been canceled. Communal dining canceled, and residents will dine from their apartments.
Our staff is essential to the health and wellbeing of our residents. We appreciate your continued support of our "Heroes" who are showing up daily to care for residents with the mission of Love, Compassion, and Dignity.
We will continue to monitor information and recommendations provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the CDC, other federal agencies, and state and local health departments on a daily basis.
Thank you for your continued support!