BURNS HARBOR, Ind. – This year’s Footloose 5K on Saturday, June 22 at Lakeland Park in Burns Harbor boasts healthy outdoor activities, food, entertainment and other 1980s-themed fun for the whole family.
Hosted by the Burns Harbor Park Department as an annual fundraiser, the sixth annual Footloose 5K features:
- 3:30 p.m. – race day sign-up and packet pickup begin along with DJ and family-friendly activities
- 5 p.m. – food and refreshments from area vendors and the Burns Harbor Fire Department open
- 5:15 p.m. – 1K Kids Fun Run (ages 3 to 11) kicks-off, sponsored by Bounce ‘N’ Around
- 6 p.m. – Footloose 5K run/walk (ages 8 and up) starts throughout beautiful Lakeland Park and around Harbor Lake, race timed by TH Timing
- Northwest Indiana crowd-pleasers Duneside Classic Rewind open at 6 p.m. followed by 444 Rock Band at 8 p.m.
- Race medals and awards, bounce houses, and more
- Family party tent with adult beverages from Leroy’s Hot Stuff and Running Vines Winery
- Dusk – fireworks commence, sponsored by Phantom Fireworks
Park admission is free. Cost to participate in the 5K is $20. Kids Fun Run is free.
Lakeland Park is located at 1200 Lakeland Park Drive in Burns Harbor. Footloose 5K will be held rain or shine.
Families, running enthusiasts and all interested are welcome to attend and encouraged to sign up early to beat the event-day rush at: https://runsignup.com/Race/IN/BurnsHarbor/FootLoose5KandKidsFunRun
Interested sponsors, vendors or volunteers may contact Kim Burton at email@example.com.
For more information call 219-787-8126, like www.facebook.com/footloose5K or visit sites.google.com/view/footloose-5K
Financial support for the event is provided by Allegius Credit Union, Worthington Industries, Osan & Patton Attorneys at Law, Global Engineering & Land Surveying, Dean’s Tire Pros, Indiana American Water, and Porter Bank.